April 02, 2011

Hmmmmm?... Natural Hair

So, my last relaxer was in early July 2010, I trastioned for 6 months, and big chopped December 31st, 2010. And when people ask me, I tell them that I've been natural for 9 months strong. Because in my eyes, while I was trasitioning, I was natural, my mentality was natural, I dealt with, and style my hair like it was natural. Yess, it was harder to maintain, because of my relaxed ends, but because of my natural roots, I went through the same thing all naturals go through. Detangling, growth, moisturizing, deep conditioning, using sulfate-free shampoo, trial and error products/styles, ect.

But over these last nine months I've noticed that most natural women and trasitioning women see a difference in "Natural Hair" and "Transitioning Hair," that I just don't see.

Soo, my question to you is, is there a difference between "natural" and "trasitioning" hair to you? And if so, what is the difference?

1 comment:

  1. From what I have seen natural hair is when you have absolutely no relaxed hair on your head. If you do have this then you are transitioning.

    ReplyDelete