February 01, 2011

Black History Month! 2011

Soooooo guys... yess, today is the first day of Febuary, Black History Month, and here on Love of My Life we will be featuring Poems&Pictures that pertain to the African-American in America, and our history. Unfortunately though, I left my Black Poets book at school(let my english teacher look at it... mistake lol), so today, and every monday this month, I'll do a post on good movies that deal with African-American history.

So, today, i am featuring movies dealing with the time period between Africa pre-slave trade, and America pre-civil war. Enjoy :).
p.s.- if there is a movie or poem or pic that you think deserves to be featured on LML this month, you can email me at amourlml.gmail.com :).

Shaka Zulu
"Africa"

Amistad
"The Slave Trade"

Roots
"Slavery-Civil War"

Queen
"Slavery-Civil War"

No comments:

Post a Comment